IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Owen, 1768–1857, British, Ships on a Stormy Sea, 1836
Ships on a Stormy Sea
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 11 1/4 inches (14 × 28.6 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Owen | 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | longboat | marine art | Masts and rigging | sailors | sails | sea | ships | storm | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (National Maritime Museum, 2005-08-25 - 2005-10-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-06-10 - 1987-08-02) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.