- Ships on a Stormy Sea
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 11 1/4 inches (14 × 28.6 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Owen | 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | longboat | marine art | Masts and rigging | sailors | sails | sea | ships | storm | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Owen, 1768–1857, British, Ships on a Stormy Sea, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.