Ships on a Stormy Sea
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 11 1/4 inches (14 × 28.6 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Owen | 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | clouds | longboat | marine art | Masts and rigging | sailors | sails | sea | ships | storm | waves (natural events) | wind
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.