Design for a Church: Elevation of the West Front
- ca. 1750
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 9 3/8 inches (25.1 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "[...]/6"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J Paine"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell tower | church | columns | cupola | door | elevation (drawing) | facade | pediment | steeple | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Church: Elevation of the West Front, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.