- Design for a Church: Elevation of the West Front
- ca. 1750
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 9 3/8 inches (25.1 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "[...]/6"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J Paine"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bell tower | church | columns | cupola | door | elevation (drawing) | facade | pediment | steeple | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Church: Elevation of the West Front, ca. 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.