High Street at Bushey, Hertfordshire
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, blue-gray laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 19 13/16in. (38.6 x 50.3cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right, with title, "Bushey" after artist's initial.
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "M. Bushey | Sept 9. 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buckets | business | carrying | carts | catching | chasing | children | chimneys | city | clouds | cows | dirt | dogs (animals) | families | fences | genre subject | herds | horses (animals) | houses | labor | laughing | livestock | men | middle class | peasants | pigs | signs | street | trees | walls | wheels | windows | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Bushey | England | Hertfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Monro, 1791–1814, British, High Street at Bushey, Hertfordshire, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.