Capel Church, Near Dorking, Surrey
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blue white laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 15/16 inches (21.9 × 30.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount on verso, in pen and black ink, upper left: "Capel Church | near Dorking | Surrey"; in pen and red ink: "335-M."; in graphite, center: "(TG 70/3/27/350) | (pm6034) | Monro, John | Capel Church, Surrey"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | door | graveyard | houses | roofs | steeple | stonework | tombstones | trees | vestibule
- Associated Places:
- Dorking | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Monro, 1801–1880, Capel Church, Near Dorking, Surrey, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.