Composition: The Edge of a Wood
- Black chalk and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 15/16 × 8 9/16 inches (20.2 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount, on verso in graphite, center: "(Reg no: TG 70/3/27/354) | (pm 6038) | Monro, Thomas | Composition, The Edge of a Wood"; lower left in pen and red ink: "339-S"; in graphite: "Edge of a Wood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | bushes | forest | landscape | shrubs | trees | wood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. Thomas Monro, 1759–1833, British, Composition: The Edge of a Wood, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.