Landscape with Trees and two Figures
- Gray wash, black ink, and black chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 x 10 1/4in. (18.3 x 26cm) and Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Doctor Monro | by T. Gainsborough"; in graphite, lower right: "B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | landscape | road | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Dr. Thomas Monro, 1759–1833, British, Landscape with Trees and two Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.