- Design for Knepp Castle, Sussex: Perspective
- Graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 × 20 1/2 inches (33 × 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "KNEPP CASTLE SHIPLEY"; in pen with brown ink (crossed out in graphite), right center: "Arundel Castle | [?Sussex]"; in graphite, center: "Grinstead, West [???]"; inscribed on verso with pen and brown ink, upper center: "In the matter of Sir Charles Merrick Burrell Bar- | This drawing was produced and shewn to Mr. John Nash at the time of swearing and is the same- | mentioned and referred to in his affidavit sworn the Eighteenth day of June 1808. Before me | J. Campbell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Nash, 1752–1835, British, Design for Knepp Castle, Sussex: Perspective, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.