A Man Lifting a Trunk, Two studies on one sheet
- Graphite, black chalk, and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 8 1/16in. (28.7 x 20.5cm) and Sheet: 11 1/4 × 8 inches (28.6 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Cake [...] | 34-42= | sq N 4 [...]"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "G.M. 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chest | figure study | figures (representations) | men | trussing coffers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, A Man Lifting a Trunk, Two studies on one sheet, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.