View at Caernarvon, Wales
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 13/16 × 8 1/2 inches (17.3 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "View at Caernarvon | W. Payne | 1826"; in graphite, upper center: "1"; lower left: "19 X 13 1/2"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W. Payne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | boats | buildings | castle | cityscape | genre subject | marine art | sailors | sails | ship | tower (building division) | town | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfon | Caernarfon Castle | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Caernarvon | Europe | Gwynedd | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Payne, active 1850s, British, View at Caernarvon, Wales, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.