View at Caernarvon, Wales
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 6 13/16 × 8 1/2 inches (17.3 × 21.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "View at Caernarvon | W. Payne | 1826"; in graphite, upper center: "1"; lower left: "19 X 13 1/2"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W. Payne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | boats | buildings | castle | cityscape | genre subject | marine art | sailors | sails | ship | tower (building division) | town | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfon | Caernarfon Castle | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Caernarvon | Europe | Gwynedd | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Payne, active 1850s, British, View at Caernarvon, Wales, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.