Study of a Donkey Under a Tree
- after 1796
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 7 1/4 inches (38.3 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "No Ref"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermarks: 1796
Signed in graphite, lower left: "GM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | donkey | hooves (animal components) | tree | trunk
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Study of a Donkey Under a Tree, after 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.