IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Study of a Donkey Under a Tree, after 1796
Study of a Donkey Under a Tree
- after 1796
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 7 1/4 inches (38.3 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "No Ref"
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermarks: 1796
Signed in graphite, lower left: "GM"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | donkey | hooves (animal components) | tree | trunk
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.