A Sportsman Loading His Gun
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 x 9 1/4in. (35.6 x 23.5cm) and 14 1/8 × 9 1/4 inches (35.9 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "George Morland Excudit"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "490"; inscribed on an old labl, in pen and brown ink: "from the Esdaile Collection"
Collector's mark: "W.B."; Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "[...] George Morland"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | figure study | hat | rifle | sporting art | sportsman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, A Sportsman Loading His Gun, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.