Landscape with Cottage and Figures on Horseback
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 20 9/16 inches (39.4 x 52.2 cm) and Image: 14 1/4 x 18 9/16 inches (36.2 x 47.1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand, in graphite, lower right: "g. morland | 1793."; Verso: in graphite, center: "aa/-/-"; in graphite, lower left: "110 | 64 | a a /-/-"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "g. morland | 1793."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket (pottery style) | birds | cottage | country (rural landscape) | Dirt roads | dog (animal) | figures | grass | horses (animals) | landscape | men | riding (traveling) | trees | walking
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Morland, 1763–1804, British, Landscape with Cottage and Figures on Horseback, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.