Choir and Orchestra (A Choral Band)
- Additional Title(s):
- Pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 11 1/8 inches (21 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "ARP | 4 6 7 9 | Presso | [ . . . ]"; in pen and black ink lower left to lower right: "ENGL. | SWISS. | ITAL | GER. | PRUSSIA"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bands | books | caricatures | chorus | concert halls | concerts | genre subject | heads | men | music | musical instruments | orchestra pits | orchestras (ensembles) | singing | wigs | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hamilton Mortimer, 1740–1779, British, Choir and Orchestra (A Choral Band), 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.