St. Thomas' Church, Winchelsea
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 7 1/16 inches (37.8 × 17.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "2678"; in graphite, lower right: "St. Thomas' Church Winchelsea/ by H Morton Ex 1807-1825/ Ill[ustrative] to views Nr Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buildings | buttresses | buttresses, flying | church | churchyard | crosses (objects) | field | grass | graveyard | house | ivy (plant) | man | pasture | ruins | sheep | stained glass | stonework | tombstones | trees | trefoils | weathervane | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Winchelsea
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, St. Thomas' Church, Winchelsea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.