Old Buildings at Hastings
- after 1819
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 3/16 inches (21.9 × 31 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "by H. Morton, Ex 1807-1825/ Old Buildings of Hastings/ Watermark 1819/ III[ustative], views of Hastings 18"
Watermarks: J Whatman/ Turkey Mill/ 1819
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bags (containers) | buildings | donkey | fences | half timbered | half-timber construction | houses | lozenges | man | road | roofs | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Hastings | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Old Buildings at Hastings, after 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.