IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Gateway to Battle Abbey, after 1819
Gateway to Battle Abbey
- after 1819
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/16 × 11 7/16 inches (20.8 × 29.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "by Henry Mortn Ex 1807-1825/ Ill to views of Nr Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | archway | battlements | crenelations | doors | fences | gate | gateway | Gothic architecture | harnesses | High Gothic | horses (animals) | house | lancet arches | loopholes | mullions | ramparts | ruins | stonework | towers (building divisions) | tracery | trees | turrets (towers) | walls | walls, defensive | windows
- Associated Places:
- Battle | Battle Abbey | East Sussex | England | Europe | Rother | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.