Henry Morton, ca. 1807–1825, British, Windmill on the Sea Coast Near Hastings, undated
Windmill on the Sea Coast Near Hastings
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 3/16 × 7 1/2 inches (13.2 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "by H. Morton Ex 1807-1825/ Ill to views Nr Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | bluffs | cliffs | coast | dog (animal) | dunes | fence | house | landscape (representation) | man | ocean | path | ruins | sea | water | windmill
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Europe | Hastings | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.