East Side of Sheriff Hutton Castle
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Two Figures
- Gray wash and blue wash with pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 × 8 7/8 inches (10.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Geo East"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | arrow loops | bailey | castle | defensive walls | fence | hill | motte | ruins | Towers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Yorkshire | Sheriff Hutton | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Place, 1647–1728, British, East Side of Sheriff Hutton Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.