East Side of Sheriff Hutton Castle
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Two Figures
- Gray wash and blue wash with pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 × 8 7/8 inches (10.2 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Geo East"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | arrow loops | bailey | castle | defensive walls | fence | hill | motte | ruins | Towers
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Yorkshire | Sheriff Hutton | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Place, 1647–1728, British, East Side of Sheriff Hutton Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.