The Arch of Titus from the Forum, Rome
- ca. 1725
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (24.8 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "A. Pond de lin."; on verso in graphite, upper right: "Triumphal Arch of Titus."; lower right: "77"
Signed in pen and brown ink, on mount, lower left: "A. Pond de lin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | cityscape | forum | Grand Tour | transportation
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Forum | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Arthur Pond, ca. 1705–1758, British, The Arch of Titus from the Forum, Rome, ca. 1725
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.