The Arch of Titus from the Forum, Rome
- ca. 1725
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches (24.8 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "A. Pond de lin."; on verso in graphite, upper right: "Triumphal Arch of Titus."; lower right: "77"
Signed in pen and brown ink, on mount, lower left: "A. Pond de lin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | cityscape | forum | Grand Tour | transportation
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Forum | Italy | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Arthur Pond, ca. 1705–1758, British, The Arch of Titus from the Forum, Rome, ca. 1725