- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 6 15/16 inches (12.4 × 17.6 cm) and Mount: 6 3/4 × 9 inches (17.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Farningham, June 8. 1784"; on mount in pen and grey ink, lower center: "FARNINGHAM, KENT"; on verso in graphite, center: "D. 1975 B.T. Pouncey. op 1772-1779 | Farningham; Kent. 1784 | Coll: Lady Elizabeth Perry | (coll:) Duke of Northumberland | LGD"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | bridges, arch | buildings | figures | horses (animals) | landscape | river | town | trees | wagons
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Farningham | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Thomas Pouncey, active 1772–1799, British, Farningham, Kent, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.