Lambeth Palace from Across the River
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 10 5/8 inches (13.7 × 27 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Geo. 12582~ "
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermark: Pio Patria
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | crenelations | figures | gatehouse | great halls | palace | river | towers | trees | turret
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Lambeth | Lambeth Palace | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Priest, active 1738–1750, Lambeth Palace from Across the River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.