Lambeth Palace from Across the River
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and gray ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 10 5/8 inches (13.7 × 27 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Geo. 12582~ "
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermark: Pio Patria
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | crenelations | figures | gatehouse | great halls | palace | river | towers | trees | turret
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Lambeth | Lambeth Palace | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Priest, active 1738–1750, Lambeth Palace from Across the River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.