IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Henry Pyne, 1769–1843, British, Cottage and Foot Bridge, 1794
Cottage and Foot Bridge
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and gray ink, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/16 × 6 7/8 inches (12.9 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "D.2064."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W.H. Pyne | 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | branches | cottage | footbridge | forest | genre subject | stream | thatched roof | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.