- Additional Title(s):
A Cornish Cottage
- Part Of:
- ca. 1819
- Watercolor and brown ink over graphite on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 3/16 inches (19.4 × 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in red ink, on back of mount, upper left: "388-m."; in graphite, on back of mount, upper left: "A Cornish Cottage"; on back of mount, center: "Prout, Samuel | A Cornish Cottage | or | Kingsteignton, Devon, 1819 ca."
signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "S. Prout"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | chimney (architectural element) | clothesline | cottage | steps | stone | stream | thatched roof | thatching | trees | wood
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Kingsteignton | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.