- Additional Title(s):
A Cornish Cottage
- Part Of:
- ca. 1819
- Watercolor and brown ink over graphite on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 7 5/8 x 10 3/16 inches (19.4 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in red ink, on back of mount, upper left: "388-m."; in graphite, on back of mount, upper left: "A Cornish Cottage"; on back of mount, center: "Prout, Samuel | A Cornish Cottage | or | Kingsteignton, Devon, 1819 ca."
signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "S. Prout"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | chimney (architectural element) | clothesline | cottage | steps | stone | stream | thatched roof | thatching | trees | wood
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Europe | Kingsteignton | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.