Design for a Shop Front: Elevation
- Pen and gray ink, brown wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 7 3/4in. (19.1 x 19.7cm) and Sheet: 7 1/2 × 7 3/4 inches (19.1 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "J/6"; in graphite, lower left: "W3418/5"
Watermark: possibly partial watermark, similar detail found in Churchill no. 118
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. Paine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Shop Front: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.