Design for a Circular Domed Temple: Elevation
- Pen and gray ink, gray wash, brown wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 8 11/16in. (24.8 x 22.1cm) and Sheet: 11 7/8 × 11 1/4 inches (30.2 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "J/6"; in graphite, upper left: "W3418/1"
Watermarks: Bend, Heawood 102
Signed in graphite, lower right: "J. Paine"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Paine, 1717–1789, British, Design for a Circular Domed Temple: Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.