At Brighton, 1804: Three Women, Child and Man Looking Out to Sea
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 6 1/8 inches (8.6 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and brown ink, upper center: "47"; lower center "At Brighton | 1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | child | clouds | dresses | genre subject | man | parasol | railing | sea | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, At Brighton, 1804: Three Women, Child and Man Looking Out to Sea, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.