The Front at Brighton
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study for a Sailing Dinghy
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 7 5/8 inches (13.3 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right.: "Brighton"; inscribed in brown ink over graphite on verso, upper right: all leeboards are at the | head colord & sometimes | painted the whole"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | coast | man | shoreline
- Associated Places:
- Brighton | East Sussex | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), The Front at Brighton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.