A Bull Charging
- Brown wash with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 5 1/2 × 8 1/8 inches (14 × 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "No. 2100." | inscribed in graphite on verso, lower center: "56/2"; inscribed in graphite, lower right:"D. 1794"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bull | chasing | dogs (animals) | running
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), A Bull Charging, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.