- Brown wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 12 inches (21 × 30.5 cm) and Sheet: 8 3/8 × 12 inches (21.3 × 30.5 cm)
Fleur-de-lis (Heawood 1743); Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "P.I.De Loutherbourg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | desert | genre subject | rowboat | thieves
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), Smugglers, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.