- Thomas Weston as Spy in Bates "The Rival Candidates"
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 4 3/8 inches (15.9 × 11.1 cm) and Mount: 14 5/8 × 9 3/4 inches (37.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink on mount, lower center.: "Mr. Weston"
BRITANNIA (LETTERS) BENEATH CROWN (FRAGMENT)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dog (animal) | literary theme | man | spy | The Rival Candidates, by H. Bate Dudley (1745-1824)
- Associated People:
- Weston, Thomas (1737–1776), actor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), Thomas Weston as Spy in Bates "The Rival Candidates", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.