Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), The Encampment, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Same Figures
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 1/8 × 7 inches (13 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "De Loutherbourg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | men | military art | military camp | soldiers | tents
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.