Philippe-Jacques de Loutherbourg, 1740–1812, French, active in Britain (from 1771), The Encampment, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of Same Figures
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/8 × 7 inches (13 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "De Loutherbourg"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | men | military camp | soldiers | tents
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.