- Eastbourne from Lord G.: Cavendish's Seat in the Park
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/16 × 7 1/2 inches (13.5 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, center right: "72"; lower center: "Eastbourne. from Ld. G. Cavendish [...] Seat in the Park"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "J.N. | 1781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beaches | buildings | cart | clouds | dog (animal) | fields (agricultural land) | genre subject | landscape | men | ocean | seas | seaside towns | ships | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | Eastbourne | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Nixon, ca. 1760–1818, British, Eastbourne from Lord G.: Cavendish's Seat in the Park, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.