- Portrait of a Gentleman
- Gouache and watercolor on ivory
- Image: 2 1/4 x 1 3/4 inches (5.7 x 4.4 cm) and Frame: 2 7/8 x 2 x 1/4 inches (7.3 x 5.1 x 0.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in gray gouache center left: "I Bogle | Pinx | 1792"
Signed and dated in gray gouache center left: "I Bogle | Pinx | 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Bogle, 1746–1804, British, Portrait of a Gentleman, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.