IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Cotes, 1734–1818, British, Portrait of an Infantry Officer, 1767
Portrait of an Infantry Officer
- Gouache and watercolor on ivory
- Image: 2 x 1 3/4 inches (5.1 x 4.4 cm), Frame: 2 5/8 x 2 x 3/8 inches (6.7 x 5.1 x 1 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown watercolor center right: "S. Coates | 1767"
Signed in brown watercolor center right: "S. Cotes"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- male | portrait | red
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Portrait Drawings & Miniatures (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-12-05 - 1980-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.