IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Crosse, 1742–1810, British, Portrait of a Gentleman, undated
Portrait of a Gentleman
- Gouache and watercolor on ivory
- Frame: 2 3/4 x 2 x 1/2 inches (7 x 5.1 x 1.3 cm), Image: 2 1/8 x 1 3/4 inches (5.4 x 4.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | collar | gentleman | man | oval | portrait
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.