Design for a Country Mansion
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- 5 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (13.7 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Mr Lamb[?lett] | 9 West Lane W[?adsworth]"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Companion [...] | [...]"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "[?Out] 26 [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 174"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | design | mansion | mansions
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Playfair, 1755–1794, British, Design for a Country Mansion, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.