Charles I, when Prince of Wales
- between 1618 and 1621
- gouache on vellum laid onto a playing card
- Sheet: 2 x 1 5/8 inches (5.1 x 4.1 cm), Image:
Inscribed on back in pen and brown ink: "2"
Signed in artist's hand in gold center right: "PO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Charles I (1600–1649), king of England, Scotland, and Ireland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Crown Pictorial - Art and the British Monarchy (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-12-05 - 1991-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Portrait Drawings & Miniatures (Yale Center for British Art, 1979-12-05 - 1980-02-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy : Exhibition Labels, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 10, no. 27, N8219 K5 C761 1990 (YCBA) [YCBA]
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p. 27, no. 27, N8219 K5 C76 1990 (YCBA) [YCBA]