Gervase Spencer, ca. 1715–1763, British, Portrait of a Gentleman, 1757
Portrait of a Gentleman
- Gouache and watercolor on ivory
- 1 1/4 x 1 1/8 inches (3.2 x 2.9 cm) and 1 3/8 x 1 1/8 x 1/8 inches (3.5 x 2.9 x 0.3 cm)
Signed and dated in brown gouache lower right: "G.S. | 1757"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Miniatures
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.