unknown artist, nineteenth century, Man Sitting on a Rock (Madeira Jan 16), 1868
Man Sitting on a Rock (Madeira Jan 16)
- Watercolor and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 inches (12.7 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Madeira"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | man | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.