- St. Paul's First Stone Laid June 21, 1675 by Sir Christopher Wren / Finished 35 years after 1710
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, pen and brown ink and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 7 7/8 inches (16 × 20 cm) and Mount: 7 3/8 × 9 inches (18.7 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, on mount, lower left: "First stone laid June 21 1675 by Sir Christopher Wren. | Finished 35 years after - 1710."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, St. Paul's First Stone Laid June 21, 1675 by Sir Christopher Wren / Finished 35 years after 1710, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.