Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace
- Former Title(s):
N. Front of the Palace Bangalore (?)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 18 13/16 inches (29.3 × 47.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "N. Front of the Palace Bangalore"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "20"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "the N. Front | A View of Tippoos Palace at Bangalore Feby. 92."; upper right: "No. 5"
Watermark: "I Taylor"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns | courtyard | figures | palace | soldiers | tree
- Associated Places:
- Bangalore | India
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lieutenant James Hunter, died 1792, British, Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.