IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Landscape with Smokestack, undated
Landscape with Smokestack
- Additional Title(s):
Portchester Castle & the Isle of Wight from Portsdown Hill
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and black ink, and gray ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 10 7/16 inches (18.1 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Porchester Castle & the Isle of Wight from Portsdown Hill"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimney | landscape | smokestack
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Isle of Wight | Portchester Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.