- Hanworth Park, Middlesex
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and black and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 8 1/4 inches (15.9 × 21 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Hanworth Park formerly the Seat of the Duke of St Albans. | This View represents 1st the old stables 2nd the new House built upon the Site of the | old one that was burnt down 3rd the Church, the other Buildings are Barns Outer Houses etc"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "2273"; center right: "AD 354 | 96 in [...]"
Sabin Galleries LTD
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fence | figures | grass | horse barns | house | landscape | park (grounds) | sheep | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hanworth | Hanworth Park House | Hounslow | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Hanworth Park, Middlesex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.