Boston Manor, Brentford, Middlesex
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 10 1/2 inches (27.3 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Manor House of Boston in the Parish of Brentford Mid. | the Seat of James Clitherow Esq."; in graphite lower right: "AD 358 [...]"; on verso in graphite, lower right: "19"
Sabin Galleries LTD
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | figures | Jacobean | manor houses | roads | trees | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Middlesex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Boston Manor, Brentford, Middlesex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.