Design for a Ceiling Decoration (with a Parrot)
- Additional Title(s):
Design for a Ceiling Decoration
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 7 3/8 x 8 1/4in. (18.7 x 21cm) and 10 1/4 x 11 1/2 inches (26 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, center right: "Harris RIBA Dark green mount e 3/4 [?froon] guilt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | ceiling | design | festoons | figures (representations) | parrot | putti | silhouettes
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Design for a Ceiling Decoration (with a Parrot), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.