Design for a Monument to the Duke of Wellington
- Pen and brown ink and watercolor on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper and slightly textured, medium, brown laid paper
- Sheet (sheet 1): 5 1/2 × 12 3/4 inches (14 × 32.4 cm) and Sheet (sheet 2): 2 1/2 × 14 1/8 inches (6.4 × 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "A Design for an Equestrian Statue to the Duke of Wellington in honor of Waterloo - [?w]ide plan annexed"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Heathcote Tatham, 1772–1842, British, Design for a Monument to the Duke of Wellington, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.