Costessy Hall, Norfolk
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and watercolor on slightly textured, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 12 7/8 inches (23.5 × 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in 20th century hand in graphite, center: "Buckler"; in graphite, upper right: "AD 130"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | battlements | exterior view | hall
- Associated Places:
- Costessey | Costessey Hall | England | Norfolk
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Chessell Buckler, 1793–1894, British, Costessy Hall, Norfolk, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.