IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Edmund Street, 1824–1881, British, Design for Polychromatic Decoration of a Church, undated
Design for Polychromatic Decoration of a Church
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 × 6 1/4 inches (25.7 × 15.9 cm), Image: 7 3/4 × 3 3/4 inches (19.7 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "AD.125"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | arch | architectural subject | ceilings | nave | polychromatic | sconces | stained glass
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.