[One of] Five Designs for a Church
- Additional Title(s):
Plan of the Roofs for a Church
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with four fold marks
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 18 1/4 inches (31.1 x 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Plan of the Roofs"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Roof of Chancel"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Roof of Church"; in pen and brown ink, throughout (five times) "Gutter"; in pen and brown ink, center (twice): "Valley"; in graphite, lower left, calculations given; in graphite, lower left: "North Side"; in graphite, lower left: "South Wall"; inscribed in graphite, upper left: "AD 575"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chancels | gutters (building drainage components) | religious building | roofs | valley gutters
- Associated Places:
- United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, [One of] Five Designs for a Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.