Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Staircase
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 21 5/8 x 13 3/8 inches (54.9 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Plan of the New Stair Case"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "0" to "10"; inscribed in graphite, right: "Principal floor 12.8 | Basement 9.3"; inscribed in graphite, lower right, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "Section of the West side of the New Stair Case | Lord Poulett"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Mr Wyatt's Drawings"; in graphite, lower right: "AD 568"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, center: "J Wyatt 1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Staircase, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.