Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Staircase
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 21 5/8 x 13 3/8 inches (54.9 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Plan of the New Stair Case"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "0" to "10"; inscribed in graphite, right: "Principal floor 12.8 | Basement 9.3"; inscribed in graphite, lower right, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower center: "Section of the West side of the New Stair Case | Lord Poulett"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Mr Wyatt's Drawings"; in graphite, lower right: "AD 568"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, center: "J Wyatt 1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hinton St George | Somerset | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Hinton St. George, Somerset: Plan of Staircase, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.